I’m starting a list of Vancouver hashtags right here! Not Metro Vancouver hashtags, just those for the city of Vancouver alone. The reason: I keep looking for a comprehensive list, and I can’t find one. What else to do but make one myself?
So, here is the list of major hashtags I’ve encountered, with short definitions. Feel free to let me know if additions should be made, but just know that I’m going to try to keep it to “major” hashtags that have general community traction.
- #vancouver - the main hashtag for Vancouver-related content. Unlike other cities we don’t tend to use the airport code, likely since the airport heavily uses YVR in its branding.
- #vanpoli - for Vancouver political content
- #bikeyvr - Vancouver cycling discussions
- #yvrmoms - Vancouver parenting
- #VanRE - Vancouver real estate
- #Keys2Streets - the Vancouver public piano project from CityStudio
- #VivaVan - discussions around Viva Vancouver, the City’s summer street entertainment program
- #TalkTankers - discussions around the City of Vancouver’s engagement in the Kinder Morgan NEB process
- #VanPride - for Vancouver Pride Week in August
- #vanelxn - Vancouver elections, typically only in use during municipal elections