Hello! I'm Jhenifer Pabillano and I'm a social media professional in Vancouver, BC. If you need to contact me, send me an e-mail:
You can check out my LinkedIn profile for my full resume, but here are some highlights from my work life.
- I’m the social media strategist for the City of Vancouver: I lead strategy for social media across the entire organization, coach staff on best practices, as well as planning and executing social messaging for projects. I also manage the admin side of the City’s accounts and act as the key voice behind the City’s main Twitter and Facebook presences. It’s a huge role and it’s a thrill to work for the amazing city I live in!
- Previously, I did communications planning and social media strategy for TransLink, the transportation authority in Metro Vancouver. This included managing communications work for a wide variety of projects as assigned, plus building relationships with social media influencers, steering TransLink’s social channels (especially the Buzzer blog), and guiding online public consultation work. I also wrote and supervised production of the Buzzer newsletter, launched in 1916 and distributed on all transit vehicles.
- Mass Transit magazine chose me for their 2010 Top 40 Under 40 list, highlighting the best young talents in the North American transit industry. As well, under my aegis, TransLink won the 2010 Best Blog award and the 2012 Best Blog, Best Twitter, and Best Social Networking Campaign from the American Public Transportation Association. Oh, and Best Blog in 2013. Yay!
- I hold two degrees: a Master of Journalism from the University of British Columbia, and a BA in Political Science with an English minor from the University of Alberta.
- My reporting has appeared in the Edmonton Journal, Adbusters, the Tyee, on CBC Radio and TV, and more. I did an internship at CBC Canada Now, and one with the CBC London UK during the tube bombings of 2005.
- I’m good at designing page layouts with Adobe InDesign.
- Here is my Wikipedia user page.
- I’m also a Hootsuite Certified Professional!
- I have had a long history of working with websites and computing. I can write HTML, CSS, and rudimentary Java; I can work with most content management systems; and I understand data structures and nerd jokes.
However, I do manage to have an existence outside of work and school, so here are some things you won’t find on my resume:
- I like to sew. Here’s the Mr. Peanut costume I sewed for my daughter once.
- As of 2013, my favourite TV shows currently airing are Girls, The Good Wife, Black Mirror, The Middle, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones. Past faves include 30 Rock, Arrested Development, The Wire, Life on Mars (UK), Party Down, and Community.
- Did I mention that I read a lot?
- I really like strawberry orange juice. Why does no one make this for the mass market yet?
- I’m happily married to Mr. David Zeibin.